BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2015 i3 Rex, i4 M50 on K Line Brooklands arriving at Charleston 7/2/22 trading in my Volvo XC40 EV
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Learned from Genius today that my i4 is on the K Line Brooklands. According to K Line schedule it is leaving Bremerhafen June 17th with stops at Zeebrugge, Baltimore, Brunswick and Charleston. The ship might be ahead of the published schedule as the Genius told me that my i4 will get there July 2nd. Also it left Bremerhafen 6/14/22 according to marine tracking
Light Product Naval architecture Font Screenshot

Font Screenshot Parallel Rectangle Software

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Electronic device

·
Registered
2015 i3 Rex, i4 M50 on K Line Brooklands arriving at Charleston 7/2/22 trading in my Volvo XC40 EV
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm hoping my car is on it, but I'm still showing at port, so I guess I have to hope for the Hawaiian Highway coming in tomorrow.
Did you call BMW Genious? My dealer also let me know that I am on the boat. Sales rep had more details, arriving at Charleston 7/2/22 taking a Northern Sufolk train to Spartanburg VPC arriving there on 7/3/22.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Did you call BMW Genious? My dealer also let me know that I am on the boat. Sales rep had more details, arriving at Charleston 7/2/22 taking a Northern Sufolk train to Spartanburg VPC arriving there on 7/3/22.
I didn't because my car is showing at the port. It showed in transit for a day and a half, then at the port for the last two days. So I haven't called. Some others have said that usually means the car was moved to Zeebrugge. Hoping I'm there and rolling on the Brooklands.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I didn't because my car is showing at the port. It showed in transit for a day and a half, then at the port for the last two days. So I haven't called. Some others have said that usually means the car was moved to Zeebrugge. Hoping I'm there and rolling on the Brooklands.
Just called, it's still at Zeebrugge according to them, no vessel yet. Said to call back Friday to see if they have more info on it. Hope it at least gets on the Hawaiian Highway!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just called, it's still at Zeebrugge according to them, no vessel yet. Said to call back Friday to see if they have more info on it. Hope it at least gets on the Hawaiian Highway!!
Brooklands is at Zeebrugge today loading. It takes about a day to update the system. Yesterday I was still at port even I was on a boat. Maybe we are shipmates.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I almost had a heart attack, a fire boat was next to Brooklands

Font Parallel Screenshot Number Electric blue

but is was a false alarm. She is moving to Southhampton,UK to drop of some cars.

Font Screenshot Parallel Number Electric blue

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have a vehicle in delivery that I just took from prior buyer. He got tired of waiting! How do I track where it really is. All I know is it is shown enroute but without any details in the BMW Site.
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Car

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dispatched from factory means it is waiting for its train ride to Bremerhafen, a port in Northern Germany. Genius or dealer won’t know any details until you are in a boat.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Dispatched from factory means it is waiting for its train ride to Bremerhafen, a port in Northern Germany. Genius or dealer won’t know any details until you are in a boat.
Markus, thanks, just got off the phone with them. They were very nice, but confirmed what you just posted! (y)

·
Registered
132 Posts
What would be your best guestimate for delivery in South Florida? My loan is good for 45 days and I'm a bit concerned rates are heading North!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What would be your best guestimate for delivery in South Florida? My loan is good for 45 days and I'm a bit concerned rates are heading North!
Will be tight. You need to ask your dealer which port they are typically using. If it is Brunswick, GA it takes about 20 days for the boat ride depending on how many stops the boat has. The big ? Is how long you need to wait at port. This seems to take around 4 weeks. You also need a few days from US port to your dealer.

·
Registered
2022 Tesla Model 3 - for now
952 Posts
I almost had a heart attack, a fire boat was next to Brooklands
Many tug boats double as fire-fighting boats, so it would not surprise me if the opposite were also true. Above the windows on the left side are two water cannon. In 20 years in the Navy, I think I saw far more tugs with them than not.

Water Sky Boat Watercraft Vehicle

The real problem is if it catches fire out in the middle of the ocean, where there is no help. 😈
Not pierside.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Almost in Southhampton UK. Dropping off BMW‘s and picking up Mini‘s.

World White Map Font Line

·
Registered
132 Posts
Many tug boats double as fire-fighting boats, so it would not surprise me if the opposite were also true. Above the windows on the left side are two water cannon. In 20 years in the Navy, I think I saw far more tugs with them than not.

View attachment 10938

The real problem is if it catches fire out in the middle of the ocean, where there is no help. 😈
Not pierside.
Indeed, most tug boats do double duty as fire boats, but there are a few dedicated fire boats out there. But they aren't at sea! I was a Merchant Mariner for 5 Years and you are on your own, nobody is coming to save you, and you cant "walk" away. The Navy mans their ships with 100's if not 1,000s of sailors and they do a lot of training and are well equipped. Merchant Vessels have a skeleton crew of maybe 25-36 sailors, total.

And it appears that most recent Car Carrier Fire was attributed to an EV onboard. Some type of thermal runaway of the battery. That shipping line has banned EVs as cargo as I recall, but I may be incorrect.

• Wow
Reactions: Magicrat
1 - 20 of 44 Posts