BMW i4 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2015 i3 Rex, i4 M50 on K Line Brooklands arriving at Charleston 7/2/22 trading in my Volvo XC40 EV
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Sorry about that. Would had been a cool race. However I am Spartanburg delivery which typically costs extra time. You still might beat me.

·
Registered
72 Posts
So much for racing. Genius line says no sign mine left Zeebrugge yet…😔
We have to hope for the boat on the 24th, I think today's boat will have a 22 day journey if I read the chart correctly. Of course, I have no idea what port you are going to, lol, I'm going to Baltimore, or at least I should be. Where are you going? You might have said, but I don't remember.

·
Registered
23 Posts
We have to hope for the boat on the 24th, I think today's boat will have a 22 day journey if I read the chart correctly. Of course, I have no idea what port you are going to, lol, I'm going to Baltimore, or at least I should be. Where are you going? You might have said, but I don't remember.
I’m Brunswick GA so a few days after Baltimore.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Will be tight. You need to ask your dealer which port they are typically using. If it is Brunswick, GA it takes about 20 days for the boat ride depending on how many stops the boat has. The big ? Is how long you need to wait at port. This seems to take around 4 weeks. You also need a few days from US port to your dealer.
Markus, Update shows it is now "At Port". So I assume I need to wait till it is onboard and then I can find out which vessel it will be on. I'm just looking at My Garage in BMW Owner website. I'll call Genius once I see it is onboard.

Any other tips/suggestions?

·
Registered
2015 i3 Rex, i4 M50 on K Line Brooklands arriving at Charleston 7/2/22 trading in my Volvo XC40 EV
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Markus, Update shows it is now "At Port". So I assume I need to wait till it is onboard and then I can find out which vessel it will be on. I'm just looking at My Garage in BMW Owner website. I'll call Genius once I see it is onboard.

You are correct. It takes about two days for the tracker, Genius and Dealer system to know you are on a ship. Once they confirm this you can get a detailed itinerary like the one my dealer SA sent me. For example my car will take a train from Charleston to Spartanburg. By the way some people in this forum observed that your car could switch back to at port once it arrives at the US port and go back to transit on its way to the dealer.

Font Rectangle Screenshot Computer Parallel

·
Registered
122 Posts
You are correct. It takes about two days for the tracker, Genius and Dealer system to know you are on a ship. Once they confirm this you can get a detailed itinerary like the one my dealer SA sent me. For example my car will take a train from Charleston to Spartanburg. By the way some people in this forum observed that your car could switch back to at port once it arrives at the US port and go back to transit on its way to the dealer.

View attachment 11251
Gracias!

·
Registered
2022 Tesla Model 3 - for now
873 Posts

Your VIR actually has had your port of entry on it all along. (y)

·
Registered
122 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Tesla Model 3 - for now
873 Posts
Rollermonkey, is it one of the codes found here? Dest Loc?
Yup, yup. Port Loc. and Feeb already 'decoded' it for you. Saint Simons Island Port of... Huh. I don't remember what the 'A' is? But yeah, Brunswick, GA.
Arrival? Sounds good to me.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
According to my SA the Brooklands is heading to Baltimore first, ETA 7/26. Currently she is still out of range for the free Marine tracker to see her. Next she will head to New Brunswick, scheduled to arrive June 30th, than Charleston. In Charleston she will load BMW SUV’s and head back to Europe.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yup, yup. Port Loc. and Feeb already 'decoded' it for you. Saint Simons Island Port of... Huh. I don't remember what the 'A' is? But yeah, Brunswick, GA.
Arrival? Sounds good to me.
Cool, lots of possibilities, including one today (if there is a god?) Curious why some Voyages are 28-30 days and others are 15-18 days? All say Direct. That doesn't add up so assume some trips have more stops.

Anyway, I think I will need to speak with my Bank about their 45 day validity of their loan quote. Hopefully they can extend it a week or two more, realistically.

Font Rectangle Material property Parallel Pattern

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Cool, lots of possibilities, including one today (if there is a god?) Curious why some Voyages are 28-30 days and others are 15-18 days? All say Direct. That doesn't add up so assume some trips have more stops.

Anyway, I think I will need to speak with my Bank about their 45 day validity of their loan quote. Hopefully they can extend it a week or two more, realistically.

View attachment 11285
Your are correct direct doesn’t mean direct. If you click on direct and than on the little i you will see the details.
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number

·
Registered
117 Posts
White Font Line Screenshot Parallel

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
The Brooklands is back in range for the free marine tracking to pick her up. Landing in Baltimore later today. This would had been my port if I wouldn’t had decided to do Spartanburg delivery with the Charleston port.
White Light Purple Map Font

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
After dropping off cars in Baltimore she is now in Brunswick. Heading to Charleston tomorrow where she is dropping off my i4 and picking up a bunch of BMW SUV’s before heading back to Bremerhaven.
Map World Font Line Screenshot

21 - 40 of 42 Posts