BMW i4 Forum banner
201 - 220 of 272 Posts

· Registered
1,746 Posts
Looks like your car is finally in production? Btw, I paid with cash otherwise it might be $1200 fyi.
Have a VIN hasn't started yet.
I presume it will start after the holidays.

I'll pay cash.

Waiting for my M50......

· Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #204 ·
The car is fully wrapped.
JJ Mobile Detailing in Fremont. He says a full wrap alone is $5500. Paint correction and other bits of work are extra. The car is shiny, and the finish should not get any worse from this point on. http://www.jjmobiledetail.com
It's not a perfect job, but it's a good job for a good price. OCD nearby might do it somewhat better for 50%+ more money and with a much longer wait.

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Attachments

· Registered
541 Posts
The car is fully wrapped.
JJ Mobile Detailing in Fremont. He says a full wrap alone is $5500. Paint correction and other bits of work are extra. The car is shiny, and the finish should not get any worse from this point on. Auto Detailing | Ceramic Pro | PPF | Bay Area - JJ Mobile Detailing
It's not a perfect job, but it's a good job for a good price. OCD nearby might do it somewhat better for 50%+ more money and with a much longer wait.

View attachment 20831
View attachment 20832
What ppf do they use? I really like xpel on my bumper it’s very hydrophobic smooth glide almost as if they did ceramic coating. I’m very close to Fremont never seen blue M50 only e40.

· Registered
179 Posts
Same here. Was just talking to my wife that blue seems very popular on this forum and fb group but I havent seen a single one out in my area- union city, fremont, milpitas... but then I have Red :)

· Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #207 ·
What ppf do they use? I really like xpel on my bumper it’s very hydrophobic smooth glide almost as if they did ceramic coating. I’m very close to Fremont never seen blue M50 only e40.
Ceramic Pro. He used their gen 2 product for 95% of the car and then put the thicker, harder to work with first gen product right behind the rear wheels. That's where, even after 300 miles before I got the car to him, there was already shit ton of chipping.

· Administrator
2023 i4 m50 Portimao/Oyster
7,766 Posts
Reactions: Techwhiz1

· Registered
1,746 Posts
Any recs for tint shops in the Bay Area?
One in San Lorenzo at the corner of Levelling and Hesperian. Had my daughter's car done there.

Professional Window Tinting and Car audio.

Waiting for my M50......

· Registered
179 Posts
I went to Automall tint in Fremont. 3m ceramic all around except windshield $550. I’ve done 4 cars there in the past 20 yrs.

Reactions: ssh

· Registered
66 Posts
Another i4 added to the Bay Area. Picked mine up on 1/1/2023.
Congrats! Beautiful color.

Oh BMW Mountain View... My car's been there 3 times already -- first 2 visits to diagnose and order parts from Germany, then to install said parts. 3rd visit was for them to fix a rim they curbed during service during my second visit.

As for tints/ppf/ceramic, I had all 3 performed at Deep Reflections in Los Gatos. The owner, Alejandro, is a stand up guy and was easy to work with. Used XPEL for tint and ppf, and Feynlab for ceramic (I believe they offer both Ceramic Pro and Feynlab)

· Registered
'22 i4 eDrive40 Black Sapphire Metallic
699 Posts
How is everyone's i4 holding up with the crazy weather?
Haven't tried to cross any rivers with it, but holding up well :) As mentioned in signature have 19" all season tires on it, car came from factory with Pirelli P-Zero's. Braking has worked when when I needed it.

201 - 220 of 272 Posts