BMW i4 Forum banner
221 - 240 of 272 Posts

· Registered
325 Posts
High 3s or 4 is typical on 101 for my e40. But the lifetime average of the car is closer to 3.5. I live on a steep hill. It kills the efficiency. The 4500lbs is not going to go up by itself.

Reactions: ssh

· Registered
179 Posts
Im only getting 29kWh/100mi on eDrive40.
I have driven around 6600miles mixed but many 2 hr drives on 680-80 to Davis Sac area.
99% comfort mode. How can I improve the efficiency? No AC

· Registered
325 Posts
Im only getting 29kWh/100mi on eDrive40.
That seems about right for current temperatures. My efficiency in August - October was better in warmer weather. I found that not launching from red lights helps a lot with the efficiency (meaning keep the power delivery under 25%). The car accelerates like an ICE but the power consumption becomes much more tame. But I didn't buy the car to accelerate like an ICE. So I'll take the range hit. Meh...

Reactions: Akaidogg

· Administrator
2023 i4 m50 Portimao/Oyster
7,766 Posts
3.4 mi/kWh is quite good. That's about 275 miles of range. What do you want it to be?

· Registered
179 Posts
Im only gerting 2.9 at best so far with 6700 miles driven, mostly highways 2.5 hr roundtrips. But recently doing lots of 30 min at EA to 80% not sure if that matters. Im hoping to get 3.5.

· Registered
541 Posts
Im only gerting 2.9 at best so far with 6700 miles driven, mostly highways 2.5 hr roundtrips. But recently doing lots of 30 min at EA to 80% not sure if that matters. Im hoping to get 3.5.
Speed is the efficiency killer so on the hwy if you drive between 60-70 mph you should definitely get 3.5mi/kWh. Someone got 320 miles of range with e40 19” he did a road trip 65mph on hwy with cruise control. You will get honked if you drive like this on i5 but it’s doable on other Bay Area freeway.

· Registered
283 Posts
Speed is the efficiency killer so on the hwy if you drive between 60-70 mph you should definitely get 3.5mi/kWh. Someone got 320 miles of range with e40 19” he did a road trip 65mph on hwy with cruise control. You will get honked if you drive like this on i5 but it’s doable on other Bay Area freeway.
The speed limit on I-5 is 70mph. But you're free to sit behind a big rig going 55. That'll really increase your range!

• Haha
Reactions: ssh

· Registered
96 Posts
Wow that's nice. With my driving style and maybe a heavier foot, I'm at 3.3mi/kWh over the life of the car (M50, about 5.7K miles since Aug 2022)
That consumption number is fully in line with my my M50. Also at 5.7K (since Oct 31).
I think driving the car for two and a half months eased my driving style which helps with the averages.

· Registered
15 Posts
Have any bay area folks taken delivery of an M50? I just got my production number and the status is "order received." I'm trying to get a gauge on how much time I'm looking at between now and delivery.

On a separate note, has anyone gotten wrap/ppf work done at Motorsport Designs in Oakland? I'm curious to hear what people think of their work.

· Registered
148 Posts
Have any bay area folks taken delivery of an M50? I just got my production number and the status is "order received." I'm trying to get a gauge on how much time I'm looking at between now and delivery.

On a separate note, has anyone gotten wrap/ppf work done at Motorsport Designs in Oakland? I'm curious to hear what people think of their work.
I haven't seen any M50's yet. More and more ed40's tho, at least not the same color (except for the guy 2 houses down from me:mad:😅).

· Registered
325 Posts
Not me. Proudly wearing the i badge. I didn't stick a fake M 🙂.

· Registered
'22 i4 eDrive40 Black Sapphire Metallic
699 Posts
Not me. Proudly wearing the i badge. I didn't stick a fake M 🙂.
I have an eDrive40 with MSport package. There are various Ms on this car that BMW put there, but not on the grille. I do have BMW license plate frames though with the M!

221 - 240 of 272 Posts