BMW i4 Forum banner
241 - 260 of 272 Posts

· Registered
1,746 Posts
Have any bay area folks taken delivery of an M50? I just got my production number and the status is "order received." I'm trying to get a gauge on how much time I'm looking at between now and delivery.

On a separate note, has anyone gotten wrap/ppf work done at Motorsport Designs in Oakland? I'm curious to hear what people think of their work.
I haven't but mine is in paint as of today.
There is no way to time or figure out the wait. That is going to be dependent on the options you have. 20" wheels are likely to cause a delay from what I was told. It could be why I was delayed so long, but I wasn't told that.

Expect a car will all options to take longer. The closer you are to base the faster you will get a car.

I'm looking for a place to do PPF on the front of my car.

Waiting for my M50......

· Registered
'22 i4 eDrive40 Black Sapphire Metallic
699 Posts
I haven't but mine is in paint as of today.
There is no way to time or figure out the wait. That is going to be dependent on the options you have. 20" wheels are likely to cause a delay from what I was told. It could be why I was delayed so long, but I wasn't told that.

Expect a car will all options to take longer. The closer you are to base the faster you will get a car.

I'm looking for a place to do PPF on the front of my car.

Waiting for my M50......
I saw my first verified M50 in the Bay Area today, in my hometown. Black just like mine but I have an eDrive 40.

Reactions: duaneoca

· Registered
171 Posts
Have any bay area folks taken delivery of an M50? I just got my production number and the status is "order received." I'm trying to get a gauge on how much time I'm looking at between now and delivery.

On a separate note, has anyone gotten wrap/ppf work done at Motorsport Designs in Oakland? I'm curious to hear what people think of their work.
Got my M50 back in early December.

Kinda hard to estimate your wait will be since mine was a pre order that took about 17 months.

Any one down for a meetup?
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Sky

· Registered
171 Posts
Order received was way back in January 2022. First expected build week was in March and got pushed back several times all the way until September.

In September I finally got a build week and from then it took about a week to build and after that it took about a month to get on a boat and a few weeks more to make it to the West coast.

That timeline is most likely different now that they have ramped up production.

· Registered
96 Posts
I have been driving around through the Bay Area in my M50 since Oct 31, Dravit Grey - fully specced out.
Can tell you any metrics on delivery, I got lucky and got my hooks in a reject two weeks before taking delivery of the ordered e40 (without DAPP and PAP).

· Registered
1,746 Posts
Order received was way back in January 2022. First expected build week was in March and got pushed back several times all the way until September.

In September I finally got a build week and from then it took about a week to build and after that it took about a month to get on a boat and a few weeks more to make it to the West coast.

That timeline is most likely different now that they have ramped up production.
Order received on Dec 13, 2021.
First scheduled build week was 21, 2022.
My week slipped all the way to week 3 of this year.

My car is fully spaced and during the wait I added full merino leather. No ventilated seats or exterior carbon, but every other option including wireless charger and eSIM.

I'm not sure if the timeline has improved on the M50 as there are people just getting builds that were in the very first pre-order wave on the first day.

And someone asked about a meetup. I'm down for a meetup when my car arrives.

Waiting for my M50......

Reactions: homerfan

· Registered
171 Posts
Order received on Dec 13, 2021.
First scheduled build week was 21, 2022.
My week slipped all the way to week 3 of this year.

My car is fully spaced and during the wait I added full merino leather. No ventilated seats or exterior carbon, but every other option including wireless charger and eSIM.

I'm not sure if the timeline has improved on the M50 as there are people just getting builds that were in the very first pre-order wave on the first day.

And someone asked about a meetup. I'm down for a meetup when my car arrives.

Waiting for my M50......
I'd be down to meet up. Especially if it means getting a chance to see your car. haha.

It would be awesome to finally see the saga that was your car delivery come to a close.

· Registered
1,746 Posts
I'd be down to meet up. Especially if it means getting a chance to see your car. haha.

It would be awesome to finally see the saga that was your car delivery come to a close.
Everyone will know when I get the car. Lots of pictures of both outside and inside.

Waiting for my M50......

· Administrator
2023 i4 m50 Portimao/Oyster
7,766 Posts
Everyone will know when I get the car. Lots of pictures of both outside and inside.

Waiting for my M50......
I have a nice bottle of Scotch waiting for this moment...

· Registered
699 Posts
Anyone in Dublin, CA have a grey M50 with a Johns Hopkins alumni license plate frame? Your car is parked two houses from mine! Why did you park outside? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: dudenjen and ssh

· Registered
1,746 Posts
Saw two i4's yesterday (Saturday) on Mission in Hayward.

San Remo Green going North at about 3:30 and a gray one going south and followed the gray one into Fremont.

Waiting for my M50......

· Registered
2023 Sunset Orange i4 M50
20 Posts
Congrats! Beautiful color.

Oh BMW Mountain View... My car's been there 3 times already -- first 2 visits to diagnose and order parts from Germany, then to install said parts. 3rd visit was for them to fix a rim they curbed during service during my second visit.

As for tints/ppf/ceramic, I had all 3 performed at Deep Reflections in Los Gatos. The owner, Alejandro, is a stand up guy and was easy to work with. Used XPEL for tint and ppf, and Feynlab for ceramic (I believe they offer both Ceramic Pro and Feynlab)
Hello! Thanks for sharing. I'm considering PPF as well - live in the Mountain View area. Can you share how much he charged? And did he do a good job on the front grill?

· Registered
148 Posts
Bay Area, are you finding increasingly difficult to find an open DCFC? I haven't been using my free EA membership much, and today I thought I'd go after work and get a free refill. No go, there are two stations within a few miles of where I live, and when I checked the app after work, all were in use. Went home did some chores, checked again, all in use. Finally found a time when it said 3/4 available, drove over, and nope, all in use. Parked and waited for a while, meanwhile here come 3 more EV's circling and waiting. Decided it wasn't worth fighting over what would cost me 12 bucks at home to charge, so I left. Randomly checked through the evening, and even right now damn near 9PM, all still in use per the app. I guess the EV revolution is in full swing here, but what cracks me up is all the uber expensive EV's that were lining up for free charge. You gonna wait in line for a free charge, then drive your 100k EV to your mansion and spend 5x that amount using the lights and TV and HVAC when you get home? We're all cheapskates I guess!😂

· Registered
699 Posts
Bay Area, are you finding increasingly difficult to find an open DCFC? I haven't been using my free EA membership much, and today I thought I'd go after work and get a free refill. No go, there are two stations within a few miles of where I live, and when I checked the app after work, all were in use. Went home did some chores, checked again, all in use. Finally found a time when it said 3/4 available, drove over, and nope, all in use. Parked and waited for a while, meanwhile here come 3 more EV's circling and waiting. Decided it wasn't worth fighting over what would cost me 12 bucks at home to charge, so I left. Randomly checked through the evening, and even right now damn near 9PM, all still in use per the app. I guess the EV revolution is in full swing here, but what cracks me up is all the uber expensive EV's that were lining up for free charge. You gonna wait in line for a free charge, then drive your 100k EV to your mansion and spend 5x that amount using the lights and TV and HVAC when you get home? We're all cheapskates I guess!😂
Depends where you live I guess. I'm in the East Bay and at this same time (9pm Tuesday) there are 15 charging stations open within easy driving distance.

Reactions: bmw_al

· Registered
1,746 Posts
Saw a few in the commute on 880 today.
All eDrive40's. Have not seen many M50's.

Waiting for my M50......

241 - 260 of 272 Posts