BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got off the phone with BMW Genius and was pleasantly surprised to hear that my car is on the Rhea Leader RORO scheduled to arrive in at the VPC in California on 6/6. My car finished production on 5/4 (yay Star Wars) and departed the port on 5/10.

Who else has their car on this boat? I'm curious to see how long other cars were waiting at the port for before departing.

Reactions: Squirrel1974

·
Registered
106 Posts
Mine was at port ~30 days….on a RoRo to Charleston (SC) now :)

·
Registered
2022 Tesla Model 3 - for now
396 Posts
I was curious what shipping line was coming to the west coast with BMWs, and this popped up. :)

...and VERY surprised to find that she sails under the flag of Japan.

Reactions: m3rq

·
Registered
M50, Brooklyn Gray, 859 Wheels, Extended Shadowline.
40 Posts
Yes, mine is currently on the same boat.

Here's a link to track the boat. It's currently moored so technically not "at port" but its essentially the same since the boat hasn't moved yet. Should soon tho!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Got an updated VIR for my m50 since I was curious to see if any features were deleted due to supply chain issues- fortunately nothing additional aside from non-touch I-drive controller. However, I did notice that there’s a stop sale hold on the car. My dealership closed before I could ask my SA for any details further details. Does anyone know what the cause of the stop sale could be?

·
Registered
2022 Tesla Model 3 - for now
396 Posts
Most of the time it has been a software update, for people who already went through a stop sale, but one guy did have a part that was replaced?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Most of the time it has been a software update, for people who already went through a stop sale, but one guy did have a part that was replaced?
Thanks for the insight. I spoke to BMW Genius and they told me that the reason for the hold was to address something called "Smart Opener". They couldn't give me anymore details since it was the first that they were hearing of it, but hopefully whatever it is it doesn't take long to resolve at the VPC.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I wish my i4 was on the Rhea Leader - it seems to be stuck in production. By my iX is on the ship, but it seems to be stuck in Eemshaven Netherlands with no "next destination".

I saw someone here said 6/6 arrival in Cali. My dealer said 6/4...Considering we pre-oredered 6/1/2021 for both cars, I'm just happy we are getting close.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I wish my i4 was on the Rhea Leader - it seems to be stuck in production. By my iX is on the ship, but it seems to be stuck in Eemshaven Netherlands with no "next destination".

I saw someone here said 6/6 arrival in Cali. My dealer said 6/4...Considering we pre-oredered 6/1/2021 for both cars, I'm just happy we are getting close.
Here's the schedule for the Rhea Leader.

Shows 6/4 arrival in San Diego. I believe the VPC is in Port Hueneme and that has an ETA of 6/6.

Reactions: Bobak

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the insight. I spoke to BMW Genius and they told me that the reason for the hold was to address something called "Smart Opener". They couldn't give me anymore details since it was the first that they were hearing of it, but hopefully whatever it is it doesn't take long to resolve at the VPC.
Other thread for discussing the "Smart Opener" stop sale: Stop Sale for "Smart Opener"

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks like the boat is stuck at port due to engine issues… Was wondering why it had not moved in over a week

·
Registered
M50, Brooklyn Gray, 859 Wheels, Extended Shadowline.
40 Posts
Looks like the boat is stuck at port due to engine issues… Was wondering why it had not moved in over a week

Wow thanks for this. Been wondering about what had happened. Guess as it's better than being stuck out at sea.

Been a year, whats another week or so delay...😕

EDIT: spoke to BMW Genius, sounds like the delay will be a little more than a week.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts