BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At 10:55 in this video...

...this guy lifts off the plastic cover that's under the hood to reveal what's there and what's there looks like a lot of space to have added a sizable frunk had just a few of the cables been moved slightly off to the edges. I'm also wondering if some company will make a molded plastic insert to fit into the cavity that's there - thus creating a frunk in the i4. I'd buy one.

·
Registered
200 Posts
A proper frunk would take some rerouting of things and then a good deal of money, time, and design. What are the underhood temperatures anyway?

I find frunks borderline useless. I leave the Tesla charger in the frunk, but it doesn't need to be there since I don't use it. It could go in a box in the garage next to the I-Pace charger.

Part of the issue is that the frunks all have latches like a regular hood, so they're just inconvenient that way. Another issue is that I typically don't back into parking spots, so if I want frunk access, I'm on a curb or backed against another car when accessing, and it requires a walk around the car. Mainly, though, anything that fits in a tiny frunk is going to easily go on the seat next to me or in the back seat. Anything large is going into the trunk, not a tiny frunk. They're just unnecessary.

Reminds me of the bins in the floor of my pickup. They were so cool. I used them all of never. Maybe if I was in a gun-toting state, I could have played supercowboylawmansoldier and stuffed a pistol in there, but they were too smile for long guns.

So meh.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts