BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
My photoshop skills suck, so lets just pretend I uploaded a picture of 100 baby chicks magnetized to the car with a rooster driving.

·
Registered
200 Posts
There is but one kind of vehicle that attracts the women: a two-row convertible. The i4 will totally be a dude magnet. You will have to fend off the dicks with your sword.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I remember this guy Owning A Ferrari For A Year Was A Disappointment (jalopnik.com) doing a test with his Ferrari at a park. Girls pretty much walked by and didn't notice. As mentioned in this article, dudes always say "wanna trade".

In my younger years, when my wife was out of town, a neighbor in my apartment complex would ask if I wanted to go get dinner. He had a BMW, we would hop in and he would start driving. More than once he tricked me and ended up pulling up at a strip club. By this time, being married and having been in plenty of them in my past, had sworn them off. So there I would be, pissed off, eating horrible $20 chicken fingers and a $8 beer. Anyways, immediately strippers would come up and say "I hear you have a nice car", not one but many. This is the type of lady that I picture you would attract. If that's your thing, so be it.

Like the others said, for the most part you would probably get the attention for dudes more, again if that's your thing so be it. My wife likes cars and all but if she sees a flashy car, she may point it out and ask what it is but doesn't gush about how amazing it is.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Definitely not - only kids and other guys notice cool cars (and the few women who are gearheads as well). The only vehicle I think could possibly be an exception is a soft-top Jeep wrangler.

Source: have a Ferrari 458 and mostly talk to dudes at the gas station

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I will wait for your opinions!
@poterico, it all depends on the type of "chick" you are trying to woo. The superficial kind will be more attracted into a red convertible Mustang, it takes a bit more sophistication to appreciate an electric BMW. The only reliable "attractor" is a red Ferrari or Lamborghini, so if you can afford it, that would be better. My wife likes the idea of the i4, that's all I need. :cool:

·
Registered
340 Posts
@poterico, it all depends on the type of "chick" you are trying to woo. The superficial kind will be more attracted into a red convertible Mustang, it takes a bit more sophistication to appreciate an electric BMW. The only reliable "attractor" is a red Ferrari or Lamborghini, so if you can afford it, that would be better. My wife likes the idea of the i4, that's all I need. :cool:
My wife will not sit in the thing unless I use the speed limit control I told her about.

Very wise woman.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
My wife will not sit in the thing unless I use the speed limit control I told her about.
Very wise woman.
Marriage-saving rule. With an i4 M50, when your wife is riding shotgun, drive like there is an egg between your right foot and the pedal and you don't want to break it. Otherwise you will be sooner or later be faced with the difficult choice of selling the car or sleeping alone - neither very interesting alternatives... Having the car drive for you in ECO PRO mode does the trick!

·
i4 M50 18" 858 M San Remo Green
955 Posts
Having the car drive for you in ECO PRO mode does the trick!
BS....Do you still believe in fairy tales? Do you think that the M50 in ECO Pro mode has only 88HP and 250nm of torque and drives like a little Fiat 500?

·
Registered
200 Posts
The only vehicle I think could possibly be an exception is a soft-top Jeep wrangler.
Exactly. A two-row convertible.

Once, I was driving my friend's Toyota Solara convertible. My friend at the time was a rather fat grandma in her 50s sitting next to me. My wife was behind her, and my daughter in a car seat behind me. A woman pulls up next to us, in a soft-top Jeep Wrangler. She wore Daisy Dukes in a good way, the best way. As I looked up at her pleasantly-shaped thighs, she looked down at me and said, "Nice car!"

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
BS....Do you still believe in fairy tales? Do you think that the M50 in ECO Pro mode has only 88HP and 250nm of torque and drives like a little Fiat 500?
@JST1963, physics are physics. Contrary to ICE cars that generate more heat the bigger the engine is, an electric car only uses energy to vanquish aerodynamic, friction losses and HVAC. There should be no range penalty associated with a more potent car compared with a lesser car other than additional friction due to the bigger weight bearing down on the wheels. I did not order the 20 inch wheels, but even though the 19 inches still have more friction than the e40's standard 18 inches, the aerodynamics are identical between the 2 cars, so by driving smoothly and sticking with lower speeds (just the legal limits), I believe I can get close to the e40 range on interstate long distance slogs. To your point, an M50 CAN use only 88HP and 250nm because that's enough to keep it rolling - you only need the full 537HP and 795nm when you want fast acceleration.
It is actually an interesting point worth testing out, whether harder acceleration an more aggressive recuperation consumes more range if you are careful to avoid engaging the friction brakes, which of course just create wasted heat. I wish some of the early owners would do such a test, keeping maximum speed low, say never exceeding 60mph - 100km/h, set B-mode, then do, say, 30 miles - 50 km feathering the accelerator, check the consumption, then 30 miles in full hero mode, but still looking ahead and avoid braking to the point the friction brakes engage other than when needing a full stop, and compare the consumptions.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I remember this guy Owning A Ferrari For A Year Was A Disappointment (jalopnik.com) doing a test with his Ferrari at a park. Girls pretty much walked by and didn't notice. As mentioned in this article, dudes always say "wanna trade".
@PTB, I love that article so much I bookmarked it in my "BMW folder" to re-read again and again. Thank you for posting it. I feel the guy's pain for the "you don't use it to go anywhere", my 2-seat convertible is also so unpractical I use my wife's SUV to do errands, and the convertible is to go out, do a fun ride, and go back home. The exact reason I'm buying the i4. A car has to be fun, but there is a threshold of practicality you need to get to enjoy it.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts