BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

Registered
2022 Tesla Model 3 - for now
I think you're missing a bit? Maybe: "The car had been at the dealership the whole time!" or similar?

• Haha
Reactions: gsbaker

Registered
i4 M50 Dravit Grey ordered 1/2022
Just read on FB, that a new i4 owner just got a call from their dealership that their i4 had arrived at the dealership. The customer had been told for weeks that the car was still at the port!!!!! This is some kind of crazy!!! But good news for the customer. :oops:
I saw the post on FB, she claimed she was going to walk away from the car if it didn't arrive to her by the end of June which I found to be a little strange. She got lucky and stumbled upon a dealer cancelation spot to begin with and only had to wait a few months for the car. Seems crazy that someone would walk away once the car is built and at the port but people can talk crazy.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I saw the post on FB, she claimed she was going to walk away from the car if it didn't arrive to her by the end of June which I found to be a little strange. She got lucky and stumbled upon a dealer cancelation spot to begin with and only had to wait a few months for the car. Seems crazy that someone would walk away once the car is built and at the port but people can talk crazy.
Yeah, that was the post I was referring to! Yeah, she was going to walk away.........she wouldn't have made it if she had pre ordered back in June 2021, LOL. You also have to wonder how accurate the BMW Genius line is if this can happen. I'll just keep waiting on my i4.

Registered
Only reason I'm not walking away is because I'm working remotely so I don't even need to go out much, plus I have a beater car in the meantime. So while I don't need the car anytime soon, my excitement makes me impatient.

Registered
Only reason I'm not walking away is because I'm working remotely so I don't even need to go out much, plus I have a beater car in the meantime. So while I don't need the car anytime soon, my excitement makes me impatient.
These all seem like reasons to not walk away to me. Patience is hard I used to not have any but this car has made me learn to adapt and change. I'm not in need of the car right away as we have several extras in our garage but I really hope it comes sooner than later as the gas prices are making me angry

Registered
Yeah, that was the post I was referring to! Yeah, she was going to walk away.........she wouldn't have made it if she had pre ordered back in June 2021, LOL. You also have to wonder how accurate the BMW Genius line is if this can happen. I'll just keep waiting on my i4.
I think she was just blowing smoke about canceling but it was in very poor taste when others have been waiting for over a year + and she was being impatient about having to wait a few months

Reactions: JToddK

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
These all seem like reasons to not walk away to me. Patience is hard I used to not have any but this car has made me learn to adapt and change. I'm not in need of the car right away as we have several extras in our garage but I really hope it comes sooner than later as the gas prices are making me angry
This has been an easier wait for me. I'm getting an allocation order, looks like August timeframe instead of fall as per my CA told me. Also I've been driving a EV (Volvo XC40) for just about a year which I'm trading in for the i4 eDrive40. So yeah, my wait has been easier than most on this site. But its not lost on me as how hard its been for others to wait.

Registered
That is how I got the car that is now "At Port". Original buyer got tired of waiting and bought something else. Car was built and dealer asked if I wanted it. It took a few minutes to think about it, color is San Remo Green with Mocha leather and I ordered a White with Beige Sensetec M Sport, but I bit my tongue and said sure! I'm expecting it in about 5 weeks more hopefully. I doubt any of these i4's would sit but a few hours at a dealer if they advertise it is available. In my case they supposedly advised all of their clients waiting for a car and actually someone else beat me too it but for some reason didn't come up with the deposit so they gave it to me. I had made a deposit back on March 29 as I recall. I'm excited.

Registered
I was also following that post and one thing to note is that the BWM tracker doesn't have a port of arrival option, so once it is on the ship, it will show as "in transit", then once it arrives at port, it goes back to "at port", and then once it is on its way to the dealership, it goes back to "in transit". At least this was explained to me but I will find out soon as my car is almost at the port of Baltimore, so let's see if my car goes back one step in the tracker.

Registered
If anyone knows what will be the next ship to deliver BMWs to US from Bremerhaven, give a shout out. My car is destined to Fort Lauderdale, Florida, so no idea which port it would arrive at and be offloaded.

Registered

Registered
A lot of options! Guess just have to wait til status changes then check Genius. Anticipation!
Font Parallel Rectangle Number Pattern

i4 M50 18" 858 M San Remo Green

Registered

Registered
i4 e40 msport 19" 859M Sunset Orange
The genii are not really tasked with figuring out when your car will arrive.

This I finally found out when my car was only 75 miles away and did not move for a week.
I pushed them until they admitted that only the dealer can push for the car to be shipped.
So I asked the dealer to push and the car arrived next day.

Saturday I will finally ask a genius for something they shoikd know. I will go to my dealer to get a lesson in using the parking assistant. I don't dare try it on my own in a real street.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The genii are not really tasked with figuring out when your car will arrive.

This I finally found out when my car was only 75 miles away and did not move for a week.
I pushed them until they admitted that only the dealer can push for the car to be shipped.
So I asked the dealer to push and the car arrived next day.

Saturday I will finally ask a genius for something they shoikd know. I will go to my dealer to get a lesson in using the parking assistant. I don't dare try it on my own in a real street.
The somewhat frustrating thing about this is, BMW has to know by a VIN number where a car is heading (US East Coast, US West Coast, Europe,etc) and what ship that VIN number is scheduled for. This information is at a "higher level" than the BMW Genius folks. Probably the logistics staff/managers have access to this on the BMW computer servers. I wish I had a inside contact at BMW.................馃槑

1 - 20 of 39 Posts