BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way to get YouTube and/or Netflix on the infotainment screen while charging? I’m aware of the method using jailbroken phones but is there any other way? Are BMW likely to add an app for this at any point do you think?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Any chance it can be coded in via Bimmercode or another method?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Youtube was announced as a idrive 8 app for the new i7. Let's see if we get it aswell. Unfortunately it seems to require the esim option for data
The one option I didn’t order and don’t intend to haha

·
Registered
2022 i4 eDrive40, Skyscraper Gray, DAPP, PAP, Laserlight, Drive Recorder, eSIM Harmon Kardon
1,583 Posts
Youtube was announced as a idrive 8 app for the new i7. Let's see if we get it aswell. Unfortunately it seems to require the esim option for data
That would be the only thing that makes eSim worth while.

·
Registered
202 Posts
That would be the only thing that makes eSim worth while.
I agree, but then I would have to get another device placed on my wireless phone plan and manage that and I’m not sure it’s worth it when I can just look at it on my phone while I charge

·
Registered
2022 i4 eDrive40, Skyscraper Gray, DAPP, PAP, Laserlight, Drive Recorder, eSIM Harmon Kardon
1,583 Posts
I agree, but then I would have to get another device placed on my wireless phone plan and manage that and I’m not sure it’s worth it when I can just look at it on my phone while I charge
Yes, I'm thinking the same. Why have another wireless plan just for this. I hope someone comes with a hack/app to allow us to watch YouTube and Netflix. But I of course bought this option on my i4................ 😐

Reactions: takrdown

·
Super Moderator
2023 i4 m50 Portimao/Oyster
5,722 Posts
...I always have my 12.9" iPad on longer trips. so that'll likely be my go-to...

Reactions: MzTeaze
1 - 11 of 11 Posts